The Microsoft Cloud Solution – Data & Analytics -Architect is a senior role within Ascendra’s team and a Technical Architect both internally and to our clients. The architect works closely with the Data & Analytics team, participates in presales and post-sale delivery, and is responsible for designing/architecting client solutions.
Successful candidates will combine strong technical skills, pre-sales skills, business acumen, and effective communication skills to help clients implement cloud-based and on-premises Business Intelligence (BI) solutions. The role requires an individual who has proven experience of delivering end-to-end BI solutions.
Ascendra, Inc., is a Microsoft Gold Partner with competencies in Data Analytics and a trusted partner helping organizations achieve their Data Analytics vision.
- Plan, configure, deploy, and optimize Microsoft Azure Data Analytics based solutions
- Stay abreast of industry changes, especially in the areas of cloud data and analytics technologies
- Work closely with our clients to understand their business needs and translate them into written requirements that can be understood by technical and non-technical audiences
- Analyze new & disparate data sources for integration with existing datasets to show a comprehensive BI story
- Critical & creative thinking
- Self-motivated with ability to work effectively with limited oversight
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong communication, team, and customer management skills
Experience & Skills Required:
- Five (5) plus years of experience designing, developing, and deploying data solutions using Microsoft Data Analytics technologies including SQL Server, Power BI, Excel, SSIS, & SSAS
- One (1) plus years of experience developing data solutions using Azure Data Services, including the Analytics, Database and/or Reporting services
- Background in supporting business teams by providing subject matter expertise and technical guidance in modern data analytics
- Extensive experience with the Azure Data services (Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lake Analytics, HDInsight, Machine Learning, and Stream Analytics)
- Database Experience – SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines, and Azure SQL Database
- Reporting Experience – Azure Analysis Services & Power BI
- Experience configuring and deploying Azure infrastructure components
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) is required
- United States Citizenship is required